Give to the 4-H Western Heritage Project:
The Montana 4-H Western Heritage Project is a guide for young people developing an appreciation for American history and the wisdom of many cultures and generations. The project instills a sense of personal responsibility, sportsmanship, firearms safety, and increases understanding of our rich national heritage and cultural diversity — all through hands-on education.
The Montana 4-H Western Heritage Project is the most exciting and dynamic historical program in 4-H using materials and techniques never before presented in 4-H. Nationwide interest in this project is a direct result of its’ innovative approach to teaching history to young people
with an appeal that crosses generations and educational interests. For the Western Heritage Project to continue to grow, your financial support is needed to publish the books, train future leaders, and provide assistance to 4-H Shooting Sports Programs.
• Connect today’s youth with the values and traditions of our past.
• Preserve and gain an appreciation for the heritage of the Old West in the time period of 1860-1900.
• Instill an investigative interest in American Frontier history leading to personal research and increased knowledge of the Old West.
• Recognize the accomplishments and importance of both men and
women from a variety of cultures and races that contributed to the
history of the Old West.
• Enhance learning by participation in living-history through the use of
historically accurate, firearms, clothing, and accessories.
• Encourage visits to local, state, regional, and national museums.
4-H Shooting Sports Outcomes
• Learn and apply the fundamentals of the safe handling of firearms.
• Place life-skill development over competition.
• Provide an enjoyable and action oriented shooting sports activity that
attracts and retains 4-H members and their families.
• Promote 4-H Cowboy Action Shooting and historical study to 4-H
programs in Montana and across the nation.
Due to the success of the program in Montana, this project is now active in nine additional states, with more states requesting trainings and support books each year. Your tax-deductible financial contribution will ensure that this project is available today and in the future. Please donate to the 4-H Western Heritage Project through the Montana 4-H Foundation.
Use Donate Button to the right or visit www.montana4h.org/#give4h
Rim Rock Bullets, Inc.
"The Western Heritage program is a favorite among board members because of the various aspects of life in the Western United States that youth can learn about in active ways. It's one thing to sit in a classroom and hear about what life was like in the West over one hundred years ago, and another thing entirely to wear clothes appropriate to the period, to learn to shoot period firearms, and even to compete using them. For this reason, the opportunity to help sponsor this fundraising event was appealing. Traveling to the National Competition is a wonderful opportunity for the youth, and we hope the event was successful."
-A major financial supporter of the 4-H Western Heritage Project
* These sponsors and donors have generously provided funding, goods, or services in support of 4-H. Acceptance of these sponsorships and donations does not imply endorsement by 4-H of any firm, product, or service.